Wednesday, July 23, 2008




Well, the rest of July hasn't been as exciting as the Fourth. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the arrival of August. First, we go to Lake Powell the 2nd to the 9th and then my daughter's birthday is the 21st. I get so excited for her birthday and I am not really sure why. Could it be because I get to go shopping for my little princess, or because I get to plan a party (like last year's elaborate princess bash)? Well, actually it is. That is why her b-day gets me all excited but then I think, "Oh no, she's another year older." It doesn't sadden me but gets me thinking how fast it all goes. She will be four next month, next year she starts kindergarten. That is crazy.


I know I talk about Abbi all the time but she is my princess. With my luck, and John's genetics, she might very well be the only one I get. Despite my love of little girl things, I love my boys so much. I love all my kids so much. They teach me everyday. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for sending them to me. I know that he would not send such precious cargo to me unless he had a plan and resources here to help me teach them. I am so grateful for my husband. He is a good man and a great father and husband. John is a kind, honest, generous person and I am so very glad he has always been worthy of the priesthood he has been trusted with. Sometimes, through out our marriage, he has tried to take on too much, to be there for and help everyone, and it has been a struggle for him, our marriage and our family. I am thankful that he has grown to put his family, our family, first.


I feel very blessed to have the family I have. I am grateful John and I both agree to live our lives and raise our children according to the Father's will. We are working hard to build good foundations for our children through what we teach and our example. I know I am trying so hard to do what is right but I worry so much. I worry about my daughter's self-esteem and image, I worry that my sons know the importance of the priesthood they will one day hold and that it is God's will to marry and respect and fulfill their own family. I know some of these things are far off, but I also know that what and how I teach them now will affect their future.


"Future"--that's a funny word. The future is so bright and my children's "future' seems so far away. But with how quickly four years has passed, it may not be so far after all.

4 comments:

JJ said...

The pictures are adorable! You guys are doing a great job with your kids! I'm sure that they will turn out to be the kind of people you will be proud to tell others you raised. Keep up the good work!

Emily P. said...

This was a beautiful, post. You are so sweet, and I miss you so much. I'll have to pass on an email to you today. I know I didn't know you very long, but you have permanately touched my life. Hope you have a good, friend.

Emily P. said...

Wow, you can really tell the kids were bugging me while I wrote that comment. :P What I meant was...hope you have a good day, friend. :)

Paula Seematter said...

What a treasure you, John and your children are! I truly admire both of you for the great job of parenting you have shown. Give those little ones a hug from us here in HOT and STEAMY Kansas!
Love, "Grandma P" :-)