Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I haven't posted in a while and I don't really have anything to tell you all. My sis-in-law had something on her blog that sounded like fun though, so here goes . . .


1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together, or one of the first memories you have of me. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember
2. If you like the idea of knowing what others remember about you, leave this post on your blog!

(Sounds an awful lot like one of those e-tag things doesn't it?)

9 comments:

azufelt said...

This isn’t necessarily the most memorable memory of you and I, and maybe not the funniest, or the “most” of anything. But I did just think of it as I looked at your blog post.

I have a memory of driving your ’68 VW bug to/from school. I remember you learning how to drive it, and I remember going to lunch one day and you hit the car next to you while pulling out of your spot!

I also remember you following me from seminary to school and I was driving the suburban and I couldn’t see you behind me, because my car was SO big, and yours was SO small!

azufelt said...

As for a memory of John.... I remember going to their neighborhood pool a lot to swim. I also remember going down to the creek and "exploring". And I remember playing nintendo over there because we weren't allowed to have a game system!

The Idaho Olsens said...

Craftgroup is great...it is nice to get away from the kids for a couple of hours and spend time with other mothers...we have made all sorts of things...the turkey, picture frames, american flag...if you would like to see more I have a link on my blog...just click on craftgroup. I remember when you and John got married...I remember when John was born so it was great to see you guys at your wedding reception.

stampinashley said...

wow, it's not like you guys just blend into the back-ground... so there really should be more memories than mine.... I have lots more I could share. I mean knowing John for how long, since we were born? and Clara from age 15... lots of memories were made!

Where's the participation? !!!

Lindsay said...

hi clara...maybe you remember me...maybe not...i remember doing our hair together at snow. were we getting ready for a dance or something? anyway good times.

Sarah Smith said...

Can't wait for you guys to come out! When will it be?

Emily P. said...

I guess I've been grounding myself from the computer too much, because I didn't even see this post until now, but I'll participate, if it's not too late.

I remember all the trips to Hobby Lobby and hours scrapbooking. I remember going to institute together, and out on double dates. I remember swimming at your apartment complex, and walking between my complex and yours with stollers. I remember loading all the kids up in the rain for a trip somewhere...probably Hobby Lobby. I remember meeting you in Relief Society and telling you bluntly that we should be friends, and you agreed! I remember going out to that Chinese restaurant right before we moved. We only knew eachother for a few months, but you have touched my life forever. I'm so glad blogs exist, so we can stay in touch!

JJ said...

Ok, so I'm a little late doing this, but I haven't really had the chance...like you I can't really remember the first time we met. I do remember John having you call me so I could offer you relationship advice about something you and he were disagreeing on.....can't remember what, but it must have worked cause you're still together!! Ok, can't believe I actually did that to you! I of course remember the napkin!!! And shopping black Friday with you (When can we do that again?) And I also loved going to the melting pot with you for my bday. I remember coming out in Feb to help out after Isaac came. I miss having you and the kids just down the street. You are an incredible sis-in-law and friend! Thanks for all the great memories...and the many more to come!

John and Clara said...

Well, J just so you know, John tricked me imto calling you!! He told me that you just wanted to talk to me and see how I was. I was so mad at him (and you!) when I found out why he really wanted me to call. That's okay you must have said something right because I didn't kill him and I really like you!!