Monday, June 22, 2009


Okay everyone, it's time I tell you all what has been going on the past two months. We moved and that was a lot of work, of course, but everything went well. We are so grateful for all of the help we had to make that happen. A week after we moved in, John lost his job very unexpectedly. The situation was very stressful and very upsetting, but there's not a whole lot to do other than move on... and that's what we are doing... again!!


John was a branch manager for a large credit union in Boulder, that was the day job anyway. Last October he had started working part time at Best Buy and thank goodness for that. Since the beginning of May they bumped him up to full time and have been so wonderful to him. John has decided to take a break from banking and try retail management. He has not found a position there yet.


Having just signed a lease, we had to find someone to take over our lease here and find a place for our family to go that is affordable on our now suddenly very tight budget. After much praying, fasting disappointment and deliberating we have decided to move back to KS. To Topeka. We own a home there but currently have a renter in it, their lease is up the end of December. In an effort to get out of this house and be in a place for Abbi to start K, we are going to stay with John's sister, JJ and her family. They live a couple of miles from our house there.


I need to say that I am so grateful to our family and friends, for their love and support through this time. It's not over yet. I am grateful John has a job (they are going to transfer him to the store in Topeka for now), but we are still looking for a position that can better provide the income our family needs. This is a very difficult leap of faith in many ways, but we are positive that the Lord has a plan for our family and there is something wonderful waiting for us down the road.

5 comments:

The Idaho Olsens said...

John and Clara, I am so sorry to hear about this...I know how scary and unsettling the situation can be...believe me. I wish you all the best and please know we are praying for you! Ryan kind of feels the same way about trying something different...him being laid off kind of left a "bad taste" in his mouth...we love you guys, keep us updated!

Jess and Travis... said...

You guys are amazing and it will all work out in the end, although that just means that now we will be living even farther apart!

JJ said...

Although we are not happy that John lost his job we are so thrilled to have you moving closer to us....you really can't get any closer ;-) We pray for you all daily and hope that in the end this will prove to be a great blessing to you and your family. I'm sure you are sad to be living farther from your family Clara, but we hope that you know how much we love you! See you soon!

rlove said...

Clara and John, I just wanted to let you know how very much we have enjoyed having you live with us the past two years. It has been nothing but wonderful for us. I know you aren't sure you believe that, but it is true. You two are doing a great job with your sweet kiddos and you are an inspiration to us. We love you beyond measure and will miss you just as much, Mom and Dad

BJ CARSON said...

JOHN,

SAID TO HEAR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE LEAVING. DURING MY TIME AT ELEVATIONS I ENJOYED WORKING FOR YOU. YOU HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL FAMILY. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.