Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why is this so hard?

Names, people, I need names. Our (our? why do I say "our", I am the one having surgery, right? I mean, I know John has a hard time with blood and needles and all that, but let's face it--he's got it pretty easy for my c-section) C-section is scheduled for Sept.24, for now that is. . .

There is some confusion as to my actual due date (the 30th). Changing docs in the middle of a pregnancy is not a whole lot of fun. I really loved my doc in Longmont, I do like the one I have here, it's just weird changing doctors. Anyway, my cycle and my due date don't align. In CO they did an early U/S to get a really accurate date and it put me two weeks back (the 30th), remember? Now I am measuring exactly what the cycle date (15th) was--weird. And our last U/S had the baby right at the cycle date too. Well, she is going with the ultrasound date and hopefully I don't go into labor on my own before that.

The thing is. . . John and I can not think of any names we both like. He wants to use some weird ones and I am not going there. I do have some really amazing girl names I want to use. . . too bad. I want a name that "goes" with the other three but not old man-ish or dorky. Any ideas?

7 comments:

rlove said...

Zachary David, duh....Love you, Mom...or David Greyson, hhhmmm...

rlove said...

how about Carson? Love you, Mom

Louise Hughes said...

I like the name Zachary, you can call him Zack and that goes well with the other boys names. it Ok if the shorted names all sound the same the full names don't. but they are all the same types of names.

Sarah Smith said...

Well, the Andersons have a WILL, Ike, and a Jake. I don't know what you think about Will. I want my next boy to be Jaxon, so don't steal that! :) I like Rhett, Braxton, Kade, Dax, Tyce, etc. All names which probably don't appeal to you, but I tried!

stampinashley said...

Hhhmm, Carson was our runner up name, we tossed a coin, Austin won. I'm not sure what hames you guys are tossing around, or what you consider "old man-ish", but from the looks of it, you are considering Zachary... which I agree matches with your other kids' names. And I do like the sound of David, I guess as a first or middle name. Not to mention you can shorten to Dave, and it still goes, but doesn't give you too many "K" endings, if that's what you are worried about.

(Still funny how you guys are into nicknames and I can't stand them for my kids!) Good luck with the names, it was a toughie for us too, we finally came full circle to the name we had chosen while preggo with Tristan!

Megan said...

Clara, As for new names to shoot out...well I'm hoping to protect the names I want to use someday..sorry ;) And I know Larry Allen III is reserved for the son of Larry Allen II :D ...again, someday.

I agree with your mom on those suggestions (and well, I spose other peoples suggestions as well..although I have family members with some of those names but who cares ;) I really like Zachary David..I think that's my favorite. Question is, what's YOUR favorite? I think you may end up having to see the little dude to make the decision. Good luck! :D

Anonymous said...

We couldn't name any of ours except Dean until they were born. Now with Anya we didn't even know what we were having, but with Kailey we knew she was a girl and still couldn't narrow it down. We ended up with two options and the doctor vetoed one when she asked what her name was after she had already been with us for over an hour. So that helped.