Friday, February 26, 2010

that one...no wait, that one...wait.....hhmmm

Life is just so crazy. There are always so many decisions to be made. This, of course, is to be expected what with being a responsible adult and all, but what really gets me is when all of the options are good. What then? John and I have been in positions where there was an obvious choice and where the pros of one option just made more sense and even in the position where we didn't really have any other choice.... and I almost would prefer that.

There are just times when life is being good to you. When there are several options and each one has different but equal pros and cons. But these are the situations where I have the hardest time. I just have to rely on prayer alone, and then pray that I am recognizing the right answer and really sticking to it. Man, that's just hard sometimes...stressful.  We pray about all of our big decisions, it's just that that process is simplified sometimes by outside circumstances or even common sense. I do believe the Lord gave us a brain for a reason and we are expected to use the things He has given us. So when my brain has tried to come up with a logical good choice to bring to Him for approval and they are ALL equally good and I don't even necessarily personally prefer one over the other--what then?? Then I have to simply ask "What should we do?" That is just a harder question to get a clear answer to. And then, not to second guess what answer you do get- just forget it!

Anyway, we will be at a crossroads soon as to where we will move to at the end of the summer and we just need to come to a decision. We have weighed the pros and cons and, like I said, different but equal. None of the options are what I truly want, but still very fortunate none the less. We are also in the process of praying about this decision and, therefore, the stress insues that we are really recognizing the promptings of the Spirit. I am excited for the opportunities we hopefully have ahead of us and let's all just pray that we can decide on the RIGHT one.

1 comment:

jamieh said...

You'll definitely do what's right for your family no matter what your decision is because you're so dedicated to bringing the Lord into your decisions. Hey, move to Utah so that we can visit you in August when my whole family will be out there!