Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Moment

Well, I just feel like I should post something and I had a really great moment today that I just have to share. Today started as a chilly overcast day, the two-year-old woke up sick and John had a normal work schedule today. The boys and I did absolutely nothing except watch movies (good Mom, I know), snack (even better), and rough house. Oh, I did some on-line Christmas shopping/browsing. After A got home from school, her and J went over to the neighbor's yard to play. When dinner was almost ready, I walked down the driveway to call them back home and I was simply over whelmed.

I have the knowledge of the gospel and, with that, a living prophet. This wonderful man, President Thomas S. Monson, instructed us a few weeks ago to live more grateful. I had a moment of true peace. That peace came from recognizing all that I have been blessed with. I am so grateful for my family. I have four healthy, beautiful, wonderful children. I have a husband that is loving, supportive and hard working. I am incredibly grateful to live in my home...that John and I live together in our own home. I know what a blessing it is that John has a job that can support our family. I am grateful to live in a place where we can enjoy the changing of the seasons. The fall is just so beautiful.

It was such a small fleeting moment where all of those things came to my mind, and tears came to my eyes. I am going to try so much harder to have more of those moments (maybe not the tears) and live more grateful.

3 comments:

Danna said...

That was beautiful Clara! Don't you just love those wonderful days! I hope that I starts feeling better soon, I hope that Ains didn't get him sick :(

rlove said...

Clara, you do have so much to be grateful for, as do we all. So many blessings in our lives that we tend to take for granted. We love and miss you, Love Mom

LOVE said...

I have moments like that everyday! We r beyond blessed! Its made me enjoy every second and know that moments r all priceless with my girls! Your so strong clara! I'm lucky to have u and ur family and especially aaron! Love u all!!!!!