Yes, that's right, he got his motorcycle. I finally caved on the motorcycle given the inexpensive one he was looking at and, with gas at nearly four dollars a gallon, the 50-60 mpg was looking really great. One of John's employee's spouse was selling it so we did get a good price on it. It's a 1979 Honda something or other and it is actually in great condition with only 6500 miles on it. So John took the class to get the endorsement on his license and he drives it to and from work everyday. I have yet to take a ride on it but I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my pretty pink helmet.
More importantly, I have a new minivan. I have wanted an Odyssey since the day I started driving a minivan, come on it's a Honda minivan! Anyway, we have been seriously looking for a few weeks and we have gone back and forth about another car payment. The Windstar has been an okay van (besides having to replace the tranny a year ago, and the recent check engine light appearance) but it was creeping up on a hundred thousand miles and I am pretty sure a Ford minivan with that kind of mileage might be more of a problem than an asset. Anyway, we had planned on running it into the ground but we figured if we can get something out of it for a newer one then, why not? And besides, Father's Day is coming up and I am due for an incredible gift!!
Anyway, it's a 2000 Odyssey and I love it. Out of all the bazillion that we looked at this was the prettiest (color) and the best deal, by far. I was wanting one a bit newer (brand new would be nice!!) but, being a Honda and all, the price jumps the newer you get. Besides, it would be a real bummer going from no car payment on the van to a huge one, so I am happy with the van and the deal we got. And I must say that whoever invented the dual power sliding doors deserves an award of some kind.
Given the recent expenses, our dates will now consist of trips to the driving range (I have his old clubs) and rides on the motorcaycle. The unfortunate thing here is that driving my van is going to be sparse given the price of gas. So, John has his motorcycle and golf clubs, and I have my 'new' van. I think we should be set for a while.
2 comments:
Ooooohhh! Nice van! If you decide you don't want it, let me know and I'll take it off your hands!! Tell John he looks just adorable on his motorcycle with his cute helmet on ;-)
It's hard to find the right one in the right color. People under-rate how important it really is.
I hope you all are enjoying your new wheels!
Post a Comment