We are getting ready for Christmas in our house, as are all of you. Abbi asks me everyday if it is Christmas yet.
"Not today," I have to reply.
"The next day?" she always retorts.
"No."
"The day after that?"
This goes on for a while, every morning. You think she is a little excited? Well, to be honest, I am excited too. I remember the jitters I would get when I was younger in anticipation of the big day. That majic kind of wears off as you get older. . . until you have your own kids. At least for me, the excitement returns as I decorate, plan and shop for my kids. I get so excited for them.
This is such a wonderful time of year. John and I talk about Baby Jesus as much as we can and try to explain the purpose of the holiday to a three and four year old. I am always amazed at how much they do understand. Abbi approached me the other day and explained to me that Jesus was a baby like Isaac is a baby and He wouldn't like it if she was mean to her brothers.
I love to shop, so naturally this is one of my favorite times of the year!! I love the opportunity to give to my loved ones but I also love the special opportunity to teach my children kindness, generosity and a love for their fellow men. I am so grateful for my Savior and I pray that despite the excitement for all that is Santa Claus this time of year, that my children can continue to learn and understand the true meaning of Chirstmas.
4 comments:
Hey, could you email me your guy's address so Chad and I could send you a Christmas card! Thanks! My email is natalie_nielson@hotmail.com.
Cute group photo by the way! :)
Cute picture. I love the look on Isaac's face... it's so adorable.
Can you believe he's almost a year old? It's so hard to image that so much time has gone by with them! I'm always amazed when I think back on the years!
Cute picture! I know what you mean. I can't wait for Christmas to see the kids faces when they open their presents.
I hope you guys had a great Christmas. The kids look so cute as usual.
Post a Comment