Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bummer. . .

So the past week or so I have been feeling a little (okay, a lot) like garbage. Pregnancy, right? I was just thinking it was a little weird that the 'morning' sickness just hit at 10 weeks. Well, that's because it didn't!!!

I went to my first Dr's appointment yesterday and found out that my body was completely whacked out over the holidays apparently. I am only eight weeks and 2 days today, although, my cycle (which I am 100% sure about) would put me at 10 weeks and 2 days. Crazy!! And a bit upsetting- I would really like to be the 10 weeks instead of 8. Oh well. We did find out that the baby is there and has a very healthy heart beat, so still some good news.

Bad news... Abbi didn't get into the Charter School that we wanted her to get into. Well, she is on this list (#88 out of 89 names) and the school takes 21. Now people move and parents decline spots so the openings will move up the list, but come on... she's second to last. Stupid lottery system!! I am pretty bummed but I know that there is a reason and things will be fine no matter where she goes to Kindergarten in the fall.

I think it might be a blessing in disguise because my father found a job in UT that he starts in just over a week and my mom will be following him out there once she gets the house here taken care of. Therefore, John and I are moving!! I do say that like it's a good thing. My parents have been so unbelievably gracious to let us live here for almost two years and things could not have been more fun. We have had the wonderful opportunity to get to know them better and I marvel at how wonderful they are with my kids. John and I are so grateful for their kindness and all that they have done for us. I am so grateful that this experience has done nothing but strengthen our relationship with my parents. They are such great people and amazing grandparents. Thanks Mom and Dad!!

With all that, moving is still a good thing. We are ready to have a place of our own. I am also looking forward to being in a new part of town. We just have to keep praying that we always have a renter in our house in KS or we can get it sold someday soon.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY for being pregnant! I am so happy for you! Too bad you aren't further along though, that must have been a bummer when you found out! Hey, how old is Isaac now? I forget! I hope everything is going well for you guys! Good luck with the move.

stampinashley said...

It's true that it's definitely a bummer to be "behind", good news is that you get 2 weeks right off the end, so maybe that wil help you get through still! That happened to me with Tristan, since I was sure of my last cycle... this time it was exactly opposite.

Great news about your mom/dad/ and moving. Are they going to try and sell the house? Where are you all looking at moving to? What's mroe fun than being pregnant, having 3 kids and getting to move...?!!!

stampinashley said...

Oh yeah, so when does that put a due date for you?