Sure the holes keep your feet from smelling and who knows what else. But whoever thought of the holes didn't ever have a child throw up on them I am sure. Jake had a stomach bug a few days ago. After cancelling play groups and changing sheets and giving him a couple of baths--I remained fairly unscathed. That is until last night. Jake's issue only lasted about 24 hours but of course Isaac has it now.
We were on our way to Greeley to meet my sister at Ci Ci's pizza. Yum Yum. We had almost made it into Greeley when Ike puked all over himself and the carseat. Gross. The van smelt so bad!! We decided to go to Wal-Mart and get him some clean clothes and something to clean out his seat for the time being. After all that, we head to the restaurant. The other kids and I had to eat and he didn't have anything else in his stomach anyway. So we go to the restaurant and eat. I didn't give Isaac anything but a saltine and some pedialyte that was in his cup. He was getting fussy near the end so I took him out of the high chair and sat him on my lap. Bad idea!! He proceeded to throw up all over me... and the floor... and himself. It was such a mess. There were a couple of young college girls sitting close to us and I swear we convinced them never to have children.
So vomit all over me and everything else. This is were my problem with the holes in crocs comes in. Puke, chunks and all, ooze quite nicely through those holes and, believe me, it's very uncomfortable to say the least. It is a darn good thing I can just hose them off though!!
We did make it home and Abbi threw up in the van as we were getting out at the house. We got them all in bed without incident. That is until Abbi got out of bed and stood at the top of the stairs to throw up again. Not convenient positioning on her part.
Oh, the joys of parenting!!
If you looked into.......
13 years ago
3 comments:
Oh sad day! :) I hope your kids get feeling better! I'm surprised you didn't heave as well...I think I might have! :) Hope you are feeling well!
I am sorry your kids aren't feeling well, that is no fun...I sometimes wonder if I will ever get a full night sleep again...both Kylee and Chase have been fighting ear infections this week...and that means no sleep for them or me...someday we will look back at all this and wonder where the time went right??
crocs.... well I'm not into the whole rubber shoe with hole thing, but one could argue that I would have gotten the same mess on my feet through my sandals, so stylish or not, it still ends up being a bum deal.
Seriously, I don't think there's ANYTHING worse that having the stomach flu. I don't care if my kids play with other sick kids, give me colds, strep, chicken pox, jsut NOT THE FLU! Ugh. It's by way far the worst. I totally feel for you...
I hope that everyone is on the uphill mend soon.
Post a Comment