Sunday, March 15, 2009

Special...or not?

I have this little girl, my princess, Abigail. She is very independent and smart and so excited to learn and do new things. She is also very opinionated and will tell you everything that goes through her pretty little head.

She came home from preschool the other day and this is what she said to me...
"Mommy, Jake is very special. He is special because he makes us laugh. I am special because I can run really fast. Mommy, you are special because...(long pause)... well, I guess you are not very special. Isaac is special because he is silly."

At least she is honest!!!

I love my children tremendously and they crack me up constantly. One of my favorite parts of preschool age children is hearing all the crazy things they say. When Abbi was younger I decided to keep a little notebook and write down the funny and sweet things they say. I highly recommend this. It is so funny to go back and read the things that they have said and done. This and the 'corn' incident are both recent entries!!!

3 comments:

Emily P. said...

Just for the record, I think you are very special (and I don't mean "special ed") :D. I'm so glad you took the time out of your short trip to see me for a few minutes! I miss you, girl. I wish we had a week to spend together. Hugs!, Emily

JJ said...

Clara I think you are special cause you can grow really cute, smart, special babies!!

Nikki said...

Just browsing through other Longmont blogs and wanted to say hi! Congrats on baby number 4! Our oldest son is going into kindergarten this fall too so I can totally relate to the funny things preschoolers say and have posted some of our own on our blog. I love that we can share these seemingly mundane things with family and friends instantaneously and have a record of it for years to come! :)