Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Corn makes me nervous..."

So I have this little boy named Jacob Ryan. Jake, as we call him, is very sensitive and can be very sweet. He does not like new things. I once had to drag him kicking and screaming to the top of one of those big bouncy castle slides, and push him down it, to make him realize that they are supposed to be fun. Just for the record, I couldn't get him off the thing when it was time to go!! This little boy of mine also had a very hard time at meals. He is not a huge eater (except for doughnut days) and getting him to eat his vegetables is like pulling teeth.

For a long time, this problem escalated because he was smart enough to gag on them. I didn't buy it, but John...well, John thought that Jake wasn't that clever. Oh, he is. Anyway, meal times have gotten a lot smoother in recent history, partly because John isn't usually home for dinner and, I don't know, maybe Jake realizes I am going to make him sit there until he eats. Who knows!!

Last night Grandma had gone to the grocery store on her way home from work. She got the kids each one of those kid TV dinner things for kind of a 'special' dinner for them. They had a corn dog, french fries, corn and some chocolate pudding in them. I heat them up and we sit down for our very casual dinner. Abbi is eating away, Jake, of course, tackles the pudding first. He starts eating is corn dog and I inform him that he has to eat the corn too. After quite a few bites of the corn, he says (with his mouth full of corn), "I can't eat this mom. Corn makes me nervous. It makes me nervous so I can't eat it."

What a strange child!! I will also say this about my handsome boy...he knows how to make me laugh!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

That's too funny! Cute. Now that I think of it...corn makes me nervous too. I'm not sure why ;)

The Idaho Olsens said...

That is very cute. They come up with the funniest little things don't they...makes you wonder what is going on in their little minds.

rlove said...

Good thing he is sooo cute! J/K, Jake is a sweetheart and super smart, watch out! Love all your cuties and the one to come...Mom

Kalena and Justin said...

That is so cute. Who knows were they come up with these things but making us laugh helps us not kill them,LOL.

And dont worry you will be in your own place in no time:)

JJ said...

LOL! I totally understand Jake! Anything that looks the same coming out as it does going in should make you nervous!