Ethan was a week old yesterday!! Okay, so I know that a week is not long but it doesn't seem like a week since I had him. I am recovering okay. It is nice to know the day and basically the time that your baby is going to be born (a few perks of a C-section) but the recovery is terrible. John has been back in Manhattan since Tuesday night and I am still not supposed to pick Isaac up or the monstrous baby in his infant seat--oh well! What am I supposed to do?? Anyway, Ethan is doing very well. He is nursing every three hours or so and does really great with that. I think we have a pretty good routine at night. . .he nurses, gets changed, etc. and falls asleep by 10 or 10:30. He doesn't wake up until 3:30 or 4 then goes back to sleep until 9. I really love that he sleeps in a little. The other kids and I are up by 7 and then we proceed to eat and get everyone ready and off to school , so it's pretty convenient to get through all of that before I have to stop everything to nurse the baby. He is super cute and all the kids around here adore him. We have to be a little cautious with the little boys. Their idea of soft is not exactly everyone else's idea of soft. Isaac is so in love with babies. He insists on holding his little brother often and will sit still and quietly with Ethan on is lap for quite some time. Isaac gets very upset at Ethan's feeding times when he can't hold him. Anyway, welcome to the family Ethan! We love you!
P.S. I was going to post some pictures, but my stupid computer is not cooperating so there will be pictures to come--promise.
Hello world!
5 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like you've got your routine going great! I'm glad he only wakes up once for you. Dean woke up 2-3 times EVERY night until he was 6 months old. He is so the spoiled one. The girls were sleeping 12 hours a night (all the way through) by 6 weeks. I'm afraid for the next one. I really do require a lot of sleep or you don't want to know me in the morning.
theprovidentwoman.com
CONGRATS on your new baby! How exciting! I am sure it's stressful figuring it all out right now, but I just KNOW you will get it down! :)
Post a Comment