








I have four kids...the thing is....three of them are boys!! Jake, the oldest, is so many different things. He is, first of all, a boy. Climbs on EVERYTHING, can't stop himself from bouncing the basketball in the house (or jumping on the couch), likes all things cars or superheroes, and loves to play outside. Jake is also incredibly sweet. He will stop playing and come all the way inside to where I am just to say "Mom, I love you" and give me a kiss. Jake is also very kind to his sister. I can't count the times when I have seen this four year old humor his older sister and watch the umpteenth princess movie, or agree to play princess with her (although he insists on being named Spiderman or something similar in these games), he has also, on occasion, offered to fold her clothes or do her chore. Jacob can be very sensitive at times, his emotions are pretty close to the surface a lot of the time. Jake also says the funniest things. Everyday something comes out of that kid's mouth that just cracks me up. Jacob is my handsome little man. Second, we have Isaac. Ike is a quintessential two year old. He gets mad when you take something from him, don't give him his way, or even when someone has something he wants. He is a stinker!! He took half the bread from the sacrament tray today and shoved it in his mouth before I could stop him. He then proceeded to dump two of the little cups of the sacrament water down the front of my dress...not his cup. He drank his cup and then thought it would be fun to stick his fingers in two more while the tray was in front of him and pull. A simple plan really and pretty amusing....to him. Isaac loves his older brother and sister, he just doesn't want them to get close to him...or help him....or touch him in any way.....or look at him.....or look at the toy he has. Ikey adores all babies. At 18 mos, when Ethan was born, Ike would sit and 'hold' him in his lap for ever. If you want Isaac to calm down or sit still, just offer him a baby. If I want him to sleep, I offer him my ear....he has a fettish. He likes to play with ears, especially when he is tired, and it puts him right to sleep. My Isaac looks more like one of my sister in laws kids than one of my own, but he is quite a Momma's Boy.
Then along came Ethan. My baby boy is adorable!! With dumbo ears and chunky cheeks, his whole face lights up when he smiles. He thinks Grandma Kathi's dogs are hilarious and he finds my hair fascinating. Ethan started sleeping through the night at two weeks and now sleeps a full 11 hours every night but he thinks cat naps will do the job through out the day. Goofan is enchanted by Abbi but isn't too sure about Jake, and tolerates all of Isaac's kisses and pets. Ethan loves the bouncers that we have, and he is sitting up unsupported. He makes himself fall over by reaching too far for things and absolutely hates being on his stomach. We'll see how long it takes him to figure out another method to get what he wants. Ethan is my chunky baby and I don't think that he even knows who John is.
4 comments:
Thats so sweet! Boys are sure fun...just not sure how my Isaac(almost 3 year old) is gonna make it out of childhood alive!! It is so different parenting the boys...is it just mine? Don't you have to have a TON of patience?!
I wanted to say, that I am sorry that we aren't closer, but the short time that we have been "blogging buddies" I have come to admire you and your desire to be a good mom! The fact that you have 4 under the age of 6!!! Everyone thinks I am crazy for wanting another one...am I?? My baby will be one in a couple of weeks....maybe I am?!? Thanks for your great example!
Clara, you and John are so, so blessed with 4 absolutely amazing children. Enjoy them all you can while they are little and sweet. You kids grew up all too fast and I would give anything to be able to go back and savor more fully the wonderful times we had with you kids while you were younger. Not that we didn't have good times when you guys got older, but it seemed like we were so busy just living and trying to get Dad through school, work, etc. that we didn't enjoy enough the sweet time when you were little. Love you and love those cuties!! Mom
I am going on my 3rd boy--and oh how I am so nervous! :) But there is definitely a sweet, loving side of boys--certainly looks like yours have it too! :)
I love hearing that there are crazy, cute, sassy, sweet boys out there just like my own!! Someone told me having a girl is always fun but the boys are the ones who keep on lovin' ya :) I'm sure you're one awesome mommy because it sounds like you have some great kiddos!!
Post a Comment