Last weekend started off to be terrible. I took the kids to the Tulip Festival in Wamego. Super fun!! Well, it would have been had my eldest child not brought her bad attitude. Abigail has the attitude of a 16 year old latlely but it wasn't even that really, it was the screaming stomping tantrums, you know--like a two year old. Like she can't decide if she wants to be a toddler or a teenager. I won't go into details but I was completely embarassed!! Here I am at a crowded festival by myself with four kids, three little boys happy and excited as can be, and one five year old screaming and yelling and crying and stomping here feet...on more than one occassion. I should have just left at the first melt down but I had promised the boys things if they could behave and they were...oh well, at least it was an outdoor festival.
The tantrums were new and bad for Abbi but I have witnessed much much worse from other children. I did still have a great time with the kids and so did the boys. Upon talking to John when I got home, he informed me that he had booked a hotel room for the night up in Topeka. A mini vaca...for me mostly. I spend too much time at home with the kids by myself. The kids loved swimming in the pool and going to dinner. The nexty day John had to go to work for a couple hours and I took the kids swimming again and when Daddy was back we went to breakfast and to see How To Train Your Dragon. All the kids had a blast and loved the movie. And the icing on the cake was the BBQ we had with their cousins in the evening. It was a great weekend!!
Hello world!
5 years ago
3 comments:
At least Abbi's smiling in the picture! It's beautiful picture too. You are becoming quite the photographer. When can we bbok a session with you? ;-) We enjoyed the BBQ also. The kids can't wait to do it again. Counting down til you move in to your house!
Yay for pretty flowers. Boo for mean little kids. Yay for hotels and mini vacations! I need some of that going on down here... but I need my mini vacation to be kid free, with some sand and ocean water... that might about do it! Way to go John on the hotel for the nite!
http://www.thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/
Clara check out this blog...cute kids rooms, love you, Mom
Post a Comment