Saturday, July 10, 2010

When I was little my mother made my sisters and I some night gowns out of some of my dad's dress shirts. Given John's career, we have an abundance of dress shirts around here and I decided to make my princess a few dress-shirt night gowns of her own...
Please don't mind that they aren't ironed yet, I was excited okay.

Oh, and here are some pictures of my cute home.
You will notice that the porch railings are MIA. Well, it's kind of a funny story that ends with John falling off the porch onto me. Literally...I broke his fall. I am such a good wife. Anyway, the whole porch is in desperate need of a remodel and that's one of the many projects lined up for next summer.

Part of my kitchen.

The window seat in the dining room that I will one day make adorable drapes and pillows for.

This is the chandelier in the dining. I love love love it. (Not a good picture of it though)

And the built-in in the dining.
The built-in, the arched doorways, the window seat, the original floors and windows, the fireplace...I love the charm of my house. I just wish we had the money to really do what I wanted to do to it and transform it from cute and charming to simply perfect. Ah well...in all honesty it is perfect...to me anyway.

7 comments:

Kalena and Justin said...

Looks like a house you can grow old in love it. And in time it will have all the love put into it that you are talking about. And I love the night shirts. Since I have zero sewing skills its one of the times I wish you lived closer. I bet she loved them :D

Rachel Holloway said...

SUCH a cute house, full of charm. TOTALLY jealous of that window seat. BOY is that on my wish list someday! :) And I love all the red--FAVE color over here. :)

JJ said...

I love the nightshirts! Can't wait for you to show me how to make them! And I love your house too. You have such an incredible talent for decorating!

rlove said...

Your house is so adorable! I can't wait to see it. Hopefully I will have a stained glass to bring you when we come. Love the nightshirts, you did such a cute decorating job on them. You have one lucky princess who has such a talented Mom, Love you, Mom

LOVE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOVE said...

i want your house! its so cute! its country cottage! i loves it! wish u lived closer to teach me to be creative as you! loves! the kids r so so big!!!! time flys!!!!!

azufelt said...

I love your house! I had no idea that it was so darling! I want so bad to live in something with some character and charm -I want to be able to fix it up though, also!!