I will be posting pictures and accompanying stories but today the big news is that we have a first grader in our home!! We drove into town just in time to make it to A's school for their sneek peak on Monday evening. We dropped off her supplies and met her teacher and saw her classroom. She even picked a desk (at the very front of the class). That night we got things together for her big day, her daddy gave her a blessing and she picked out her "first day" outfit. Then she cried. My poor little princess was very distraught. At first (when she is supposed to be in bed asleep, of course) she was just complaining that she was scared...we tried to calm her fears and reassure her and then sent her back to bed. Later, we heard her crying upstairs. I know that she was definitely hamming it up a bit...no doubt...but I do feel for the poor thing. If you count her preschools, she has been to four different schools...making this one the fifth. She was scared that she wouldn't know anyone-again, that she would have to make new friends-again, and that it was a new place all together-again. Who could blame a five year old for being upset about that? OH, how our hearts were aching for her. She calmed down and finally fell asleep.
Her first day of first grade...the alarm didn't go off. She was sleepy considering her late night. I apparently sprayed hair spray on her pancakes and she didn't finish them. She wouldn't stay put at the classroom when I walked her in to drop her off and cried when they got up to go into the classroom. She didn't sit at the desk she picked out the night before...she sat in the corner ( I am not sure why that is). Let's just say that it wasn't the best of mornings for her, she did look awfully cute though...
Despite her terrible morning...you'll be happy to know, she was all smiles when Jake and I went to pick her up. She said she had a "really fun" day. She likes her teacher and her classmates. Best of all...no tears this morning!!
2 comments:
such trauma (and drama!! lol) I am sure it was a shock to start at a new school again and be just back from vacation. Poor thing!! Hope the rest of the year is a SUCCESS!!!
And that's a BEAUTIFUL school by the way! WOWZA!
That's the first thing I was gonna say... that school is gorgeous!! Ours, is just a regular (new-ish) school -boring.
Man, reading your post makes me a little bit nervous for tomorrow nite and the coming days... I hope everyone here does alright; I don't have the energy to put up with it, or comfort anybody!
How were the rest of the days, after the first?
Post a Comment