Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our trip to UT actually started with a boating trip. The kids and I pulled into town on a Saturday. My parents had taken Aaron, his family, and some friends to Willard Bay to boat so we were just going to meet them there. I am lucky we made it....

Apparently, the Utah Department of Transportation believes that there must be much road construction on I-15 at all times. Traffic was terrible !! On a Saturday!!! So I am headed up to Willard with my trusty GPS (I had never been there, it's actually not hard) and traffic comes to a stop. We sat there FOREVER. The kids have been in the car all day for two days and we are all so ready to see Grandma and Grandpa. So I decide, since the GPS has just told me that the exit is in .2 mile, that I will follow the van in front of me and go onto the shoulder up to the exit that was surely just out of reach.

 "This was such a bad decision," is all I can think and say as we continue for a mile and a half down the shoulder. Then, "Oh. My. Gosh. Please no, please no, " starts to escape my lips rather loudly as we pass a cop. Granted he was in the median, on the other side of stand still traffic, but you never know. Then those same words "Please No!! Please NO!!" come even more frequently, and loudly, as the brilliant mini van in front of me pulls over onto the newly developed shoulder of the off ramp with a flat tire.

Stressed I was. I have never done that before and I will NEVER do that again. How blessed I was not to suffer a major ticket or a flat tire. Both of which I surely deserved due to my total lapse in judgement. Don't worry though I did get a parking ticket picking Abbi up the second day of school!!! I guess I had it coming.

No comments: