Sunday, November 20, 2011

Daughters

When I found out that our first baby was a girl, I was thrilled. Girls are very sparse in the Balsmeier family and I was so ecstatic to get one...my first too. Then with each subsequent pregnancy I prayed for another girl. Big Sis did too. She wanted a sister probably more than I wanted another girl. With the exception of J, she cried each time she found it would not be a sister she would be getting. Until pregnancy #5. After the ultrasound (during which I barely contained the tears), we went and got a big pink balloon and took it to her at school. The look on her face was hilarious...she didn't really get what was going on. After she figured it all out she was so excited!

Now that our Little Sis is here, A is in love with her. In fact, all the kids are. They all gather round and sing to her and talk to her, they all still get so thrilled whenever she smiles at them or 'talks' to them. All the older kids even argue over who gets to pick out her clothes for the day. What a lucky little girl she is!!



A while back A picked out these matching tutus and flowers. And I finally got around to taking them out to snap a few pictures of the Princesses. Aren't they beautiful!

2 comments:

rlove said...

So, so adorable! My two sweet girls! Need one with Mommy in there, too! Love you, Mom

LOVE said...

i want a copy of that black and white pict!!!!!!!!!!! soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!