Saturday, February 16, 2008

JJ and The Plane


My sister, JJ comes into town today. I am getting ready to go pick her up from the airport in a few minutes. She had an early flight that wasn't cancelled until her husband already dropped her off and left. She caught another a couple hours later. That’s why I never fly United. Only Southwest. Besides, you have to love a company whose President said "Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun." (Colleen C. Barrett) I was very happy when Southwest changed their policy to where you didn't have to race to the line to get a front seat. Instead, they now assign you a number and you stand in place when it is time to board. It saves me from having to watch those weird people standing by the gate 2 hours before we board, just so they can get the seat they want. I never cared to do that; I figured as long as I have a seat, I am happy. Besides, I would usually try to sit behind the wing. It is pretty cool watching the flaps raise and lower as we go along. The scary part is landing. Have you ever seen the wings when a plane lands? The flaps flip up at a 90 degree angle, and those 3 feet of resistance that they create actually slows the plane down?! The other scary part about sitting by the wing is when you swear the plane isn't level because your wing is almost touching the ground. But I digress. I am very happy to have JJ spend the week with us because I have to go to work, and Clara shouldn't be doing too much with the C-Section. Abbi and Jake are excited as well, but I don't think they realize their cousins are not coming with her. They love their cousins and miss them. I think we are going to invest in a web cam so we can do video chat with them and Grandma Kathi. Anyways, I am off to the airport. I will arrive on time because I am driving a Chevrolet Impala. Unlike United, it is very reliable.

-John

No comments: