I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a web cam. Well actually 4 web cams. Clara and I had been talking about getting one so the kids could video chat with their cousins and grandma in Kansas. I originally went for a $20 Logitech that got pretty good reviews. When I went to get it, there were a whole slew of other types ranging from $16 up to almost $100. What caught my eye was a box that had 2 cameras in it. It was made by a company called Ezonics, and it was an EZ Video Chat kit. It came with 2 headsets as well. So I bought the last 2 boxes they had. Best part...$35. That’s $15 a camera and they are a higher resolution (1.3mp) than the $20 Logitech. I set mine up and it came with some extra programs. One was a video creator, one was a video mail program, and the other was a surveillance program....creepy. Anyways, I set it up with yahoo chat, and once my family members get theirs set up, we will try it out. I spent a while trying to set up the head set so we could use it as a microphone. I later found out that the camera has one built in. We have our computer hooked up to our big screen in out room, so the headset was not feasible as it did not reach very far. For one on one chat at a desk, the headset would work fine. For multiple people, stick with the mic in the camera and turn up the volume. Anyways, my sister is taking one box back with her, and will use one of the cameras, and give the other to my mom. Clara’s brother Aaron and his wife will get the other since they will have a new baby in June, and that way Clara's parent's can see her. We hope we can get good use out of these.
Hello world!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment