Well, John got a new set of golf clubs for Mother's Day. How does that happen?! He did get me some beautiful flowers and a made to order breakfast yesterday. We did decide this past weekend though, that we are officially, 100% going to Lake Powell this year. We were kind of going back and forth as to wether we should go or not. We are trying to save money. But with that in mind, Lake Powell is the least expensive thing we can do with the kids this summer. Besides, I love it and the kids love it too. The verdict is still out for John. The one year he came with us, the beach was terrible and the weather was awful.
We purchased a new tent and some cots for the trip. Cots? You might ask. Well, no matter where we go, it's all about the sleep with John. He needs to get a good nights rest or he doesn't enjoy the trip. Not me, I might be a tad sore in the morning, but I can sleep anywhere. We also had some major issues with the air mattress last time he came, so cot it is. The beg tent is nice, we can all fit with ease, the cots too.
I am so looking forward to going. It's my vaca. Yeah, sure it's camping, but it's also a week chilling in the water and spending time with family. On top of that, I slack on my mothering too. We have but two rules at the lake - life jackets and liquids. The kids have to wear a life jacket always, unless sleeping, and they have to drink lots of water. That's it. John doesn't really believe me when I tell him how much the kids enjoy going to the lake, but come on . . . they get one whole week where they can eat what they want (or don't want), go to bed when they want and play all day. What toddler, or kid for that matter, wouldn't just love that? That's their dream, right?
Hello world!
5 years ago
2 comments:
surprisingly I've found that if you start your kids young on the life jacket thing, they really don't care. We have to wear them to the pool... I can't keep trak of everyone!
I think those lake rules are acceptable. The unfortunate part of you deciding to for sure go, is that we may not see each other when we come up.... I think we are both planning the trip the same week!
Hey Clara! Sounds like so much fun! Wish we could go too, but I'm really hoping to next year! Rob thinks that 3 vacations (4 for me) are enough in one year (less than 6 months really). Miss you all and hope that you're having fun! BTW, how did John manage to get golf clubs for Mom's day??
Post a Comment