Friday, May 7, 2010

Random things...

The other day the three older kids were playing with John. Abbi says, "Jake, we'll go biggest to smallest. Me, then you, then Ike." Jake replies, "No. Then it will be biggest, man-sized, then Ike." Man-sized?! I am not sure where he comes up with this stuff. He does have one "man" thing going on all the time though....he's got the plumber's crack down to a science. My poor son has no bum to keep his pants up. I think it's actually concave... a belt doesn't even help the situation.

Also, our tenant moved out!! Yay! I have my house back, even if it was left in a mess. I walked in last Saturday and my excitement was battling with my disappointment with the state of the place. I am super psyched we get to keep the deposit though. We took a whole day just to clean the place. My brother in law and his son, another brother in law, a sister in law, John and myself spent the day cleaning up after this guy. My other wonderful sister in law watched all the kids for us. Thanks everyone!! I have spent two more days up there painting. We have our new frontloader washer and dryer hooked up, the kitchen and bathrooms are spotless and the place is coming together. We move our stuff on the 15th and John will be there after that, Abbi's last day is the 27th and then we will all be together again!! And finally, in our own place-- I am so excited. I miss my husband.

On Sunday (clean up day--I know, I know, not a very reverent activity for the Sabbath) evening we had gotten everyone dinner and we ate at Jennifer's house. John was helping get all the kids their food and Isaac kept asking for things. He would say, "On," and then ask for something. "On, On". John could not figure out what that meant so, of course, he asked me. I got it immediately and I couldn't help but laugh. Isaac calls his Dad "John". He is serious. If you play the little game "Where's Mommy" and he points, "where's Abbi" and he points, and so on. When you get to Daddy, he looks at me and is not sure what I am asking. If you ask "where's John" he points to his dad. It's hilarious. It's wrong and a little sad, but so funny!!

2 comments:

rlove said...

So glad you are getting your own house back, sweetie. I know how much you love that house (it is super cute!) and I am so excited for you to be back where you can paint and decorate to your hearts content. And the Isaac/John thing is too cute! Love you, Mom

Rachel Holloway said...

So excited for you to have your house back. Seriously irritating about that renter...grrr...

be sure to post pics of the newly cleaned place when you get back in! I would love to see it!