Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Girl

Abigail is loving soccer. The games got cancelled last week so she was dying to "win again". She scored like four goals or something like that. She is pretty aggressive out there and persistant. I want my children to be involved in sports or other team activities to teach them valuable lessons...you need to do your best, it's ok to lose, be respectful if you win or lose, if you fall down get back up, the game doesn't wait for you, and have fun. Abbi is off to a great start and I am so glad she is enjoying it. She's also pretty psyched about getting a trophy, although I am not entirely sure they get one.

I do have one wonderful Princess. Abigail is amazing. Abbi's lists of attributes and favorite things is an interesting one. Abbi was walking at eight months and talking in sentences by the time she was one. She has always wanted to be up and running and doing things herself.  I forget she is only 5 sometimes. Abigail is very independent and wants to try everything. She is also very bossy. She knows the rules and she feels it is her responsibility to make sure all around her follow those rules, especially if she feels it's unfair or she benefits in some way. Abigail is on the Accelerated Reading program at school and she is writing well too. She has always loved reading. I have read to her almost every day since she was born. My dad was reading Tales of Depereaux once when we lived with them and Abbi wanted him to read to her, so, of course, he did. She sat and listened for an hour. Abigail also loves to 'discuss' things. She genuinely wants to know how everything works and why it works that way, and you better tell her the truth because she will remember how you answered her questions and she will ask me or Grandpa if it's true. She would ask her father, but she knows Daddy is more interested in making her laugh...she needs facts.

Abigail loves to play outside. She would spend all of her days completely outdoors if I let her. She asks me all year when the annual camping trip to Lake Powell is coming. She is a fearless warrior. There aren't many things that scare her, really scare her. She petted and held a six foot albino python when she was four, she likes tubing (snow and water), she went to her baby cousins viewing before the casket was closed, also at the age of four. She was sad her cousin's spirit was gone but re-informed us that Shelby was with her Father in Heaven. Abigail likes to rough-house and play karate and superheroes with her brother. She also loves Barbies and princess movies. She likes to have many pairs of shoes, and too many dresses. She also likes to have her hair and nails done. Abbi also loves to sing. She makes up songs about everything and I mean everything from dinosaurs to barbies, to what she likes to do, to her brothers and everything else. She has done dance since she was three and she loves it. Her newfound love-soccer. I think these two sports of choice fit her well. Two contrasting sides of one astounding whole.

I have one amazing daughter. If I am destined to have just one, that's OK. I am incredibly blessed to be the mother of one smart, independent, brave, kind, well-rounded, beautiful little girl.

3 comments:

rlove said...

Abbi is one amazing young lady...just like her mother, love you, Mom

jamieh said...

She sounds like such fun!! Come to think of it, she sounds like the female version of my own 5-year-old boy :) You're one lucky mama!

the Provident Woman said...

I can't believe how big she is. What a cutie. I wish my oldest was coordinated enough to play sports. She's almost 7 and still prefers to sit and play in the dirt or grass.