Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween

Halloween this year was a long weekend of fun activities. On Friday A had her school party...fun times. The whole school has a little costume parade that marches around the school. The Topeka High School marching band actually leads the way. Then the classroom parties start. A friend of ours and I are the head room parents so I helped (emphasis on the help this time) plan it and it turned out really well. They made cute little spiders, decorated cookies, played a game and had sooo much sugar. So many parents showed up and were so willing to help....it was great. I, of course, forgot my camera so the only pictures I have of her are on my phone and I should just email them to myself but that hasn't happened.

Anyway, Saturday night was the ward trunk or treat. I am on the Activities Committee so I got everything we needed and headed to the church two hours early (John was at work). The kids ran around, I helped set up, E kept trying to make a break for it out the open doors...once again, I wasn't much help. Anyway, the chili feed/contest was delicious and then the trunk or treat started. My kids went around once and decided they would rather pass out candy at the van with Daddy...strange kids. A was a Chinese Girl, J after much debate was Batman, I a puppy, E a bee and Daddy and I were hippies. I, once again, forgot my camera and actually sent John home to get it, only to realize after it started that I had not put the memory stick back in it. Thanks for the pictures Bidwells!!




Then on Sunday we headed down to Manhattan. My sister in law, jordan, threw a Halloween party for all of her nieces and nephews and some friends. There were all sorts of creepy and delicious foods, games, crafts and candy. The kids had a great time...Thanks Jordan! And I actually remembered my camera.....



All in all a very fun holiday. A was super excited that there were still trick or treaters coming around when we got home from Manhattan on Sunday. She begged and begged to pass out her OWN candy that night, that is seriously her favorite part. She is such a funny girl. J didn't want to wear his mask, and really enjoyed Goonies. We don't let them watch PG-13 movies but G-ma Kathi didn't have any 'Halloween' ones that weren't and I didn't think that it would hold their interest anyway...true for the other three kids. J liked it. The two year old was a stinker, as usual. Man, it's a good thing that kid is cute. E was just there. John was at work, except for Saturday night and I am so happy he was able to join us for one of the activities and that he humored me and the kids and dressed up!!

Halloween is done, now on to Thanksgiving, which also happens to be J's birthday this year. I asked him the other day if we could just put some candles on a pie. He said, "Mom, I have to have a cake since it's my birthday. Pie is not for birthdays. We'll just have both." So it's settled then...cake and pie for Thanksgiving this year.

2 comments:

Katie said...

You guys all look so cute! LOVE the Hippie costumes!

Thanks for the well wishes. I just had a sinus infection from my allergies, nothing contagious thankfully.

Danna said...

I love the pics and the hippy cosutumes!