Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

The most exciting part of V Day was the party at A's classroom. I am a room parent and my so wonderful co-room parent really has been doing most of the work, so I was excited to finally be able to help with something. Anyway, A's hair was done and she was off.
I organized and did the craft for the class. They decorated and ate cupcakes, along with other goodies and then they passed out their Valentine cards. Oh my. That is an event. Her class has 26 students, that is a lot of cards for them to pass out. Anyway, we finished up, cleaned up and we were off... to Kansas City that is.

Yeah, that was our family activity for this romantic holiday. It all started forever ago when John mentioned he wanted a Suburban. It was easy to dismiss his manly ridiculousness because there was NO need for a vehicle that large and I was perfectly in love with the Odyssey. Well, when we found out we were expecting child number 5...the need was there, much to my my dismay. Now, a minivan seats seven, no problem right? Well, the problem arises when we travel. With my parents in UT, we travel long distances at least a couple times a year. Every time we do we don't have enough room. What with car seats, diapers, strollers, bouncers, suitcases, camping stuff and the stuff I buy while I am there that I have to get home, the minivan just doesn't cut it. We don't bring everything I would like and I end up leaving stuff that doesn't fit on the way back. To be honest, I can't even fit all the groceries back there when I go grocery shopping every couple of weeks.

Anyway, John pushed for a Suburban and I conceited that he might have a point about the cargo space. So on V Day we headed out to look at one that we thought to be very promising. Nope. I sat in that thing and I was sure there was NO WAY I was trading my van for this. So we headed to dinner and then home. The next day John was off so we headed down to Wichita to look at another one that we were really interested in. It was a little older but in great condition and had way less miles on it. We checked it out, drove it around, then drove it home. We really got a wonderful deal on The Beast and we sold our Odyssey last night and were able to save some money in the process. I am adjusting to driving something bigger all the time and the van will be missed. Here is The Beast...

Sorry the pics are in the garage. I am just not that excited about it to put any effort into the pictures. So V-day was non existent here. John and I didn't even say "Happy Valentine's Day" to each other. Sad. We were just busy I guess. Next year will just have to be extra special.

5 comments:

Danna said...

I love Abbi's hair! It turned out so cute, I bet that her party was crazy! I am sure that Adison's was, I missed it though :( Can't wait to see you guys this afternoon!

Rachel Holloway said...

I had been thinking about what we would do if we ever have another baby--but just don't know if I could bring myself to give up my minivan! :)
Glad you got a great deal though! Looks nice and spacious!!!
And love A's hair! Super cute!!!

LOVE said...

That is EXACTLY like the one we want but its white!

Katie said...

A's hair was super cute! Your craft was awesome as well!
Thank you for all you do! You are a super cool mom and woman!

azufelt said...

A+ on the hair-do, that is just amazing! I could never accomplish that with 3 girls... short hair it is for us! The Suburban looks great, really clean looking!Sad day to let go of the mini-van, but I'm a true lover of SUVs....;)And anyway, maybe John thought buying a car WAS romantic... did you get to test out the back seat? ;)