Tomorrow I am going back to work. It is bittersweet. While I have enjoyed staying home for the past week, I am not meant to be a stay at home parent. First, Clara is way better than I am and has a lot more patience than I do. Second I enjoy my job too much. I mostly miss having a routine. Get up, be to work, and do the various things that need to be done. I have four meetings for tomorrow and could not be happier about it. Mostly, I think that children are better off when they have their mother raising them. Case in point; anytime my kids have learned something (crawling, walking, talking, etc.) it has been when they have been away from me. Yes, I dumb my kids down. It's not intentional, it just happens. It is not a guy thing either. I have a good friend who has raised two wonderful and smart daughters on his own, so it must be me. Anyways, I look forward to the fact of missing my kids and having them run to me when I get home from work. Oh yeah, I will not miss getting them to take a nap.
-John
2 comments:
What a CUTE picture! I do agree that I think moms are more patient and teacing than dads are. I guess it's just the way it's all supposed to be. Plus there's something magical about having your kids run to you when you are the one returning from the day. I only get that on an occasional saturday, dads get that everyday!
(have fun in those meetings... ugh!)
Congratulations on baby Isaac. I hope you guys are enjoying Colorado. It is a very cute picture of your kids. I can't believe how big Abbi and Jake are.
Post a Comment