Saturday, August 30, 2008




Here is Abigail's birthday party. After much debate, I decided to do a low-key birthday party in the back yard. We had just gotten the patio poured before we left for Powell. As sad as I was to see the road base go, it's pretty darn nice. Despite the patio being finished and the 'low key' status of the party, I still worked my butt off. The yard still needed a lot of work done, the food and favors and other stuff still had to get done. Oh yeah, the house needed a good cleaning too.


So we decided to go with 'balloons' instead of the original 'ice cream' theme she had wanted. You will notice the balloons cake (Thanks J!) and the semi-home-made hot air balloon pinata and the balloons every where. We had originally invited three or four families and all but one cancelled last minute. So there was us, Manda and Lin and our friends the Fowers. Awesome!


Abbi and the other kids had a good time and it was really great to get to know the Fowers a little better. They have been kind enough to invite us over once or twice and we finally had the opportunity to return the favor. Abbi got really great gifts and did an excellent job with her thank you cards. The BBQ was on the 22nd, on her actual birthday (21st) John brought her flowers. She said "Thank you Dad. But they're not tulips." What a gracious little girl! Then we went out for dinner. All day Thursday and Friday Jake would go up to her and say "Happy Birthday Abbi" and give her a hug. She did get sick of this by the end of the second day but it was so cute. He's pretty sweet to her sometimes, this might change when he realizes how snotty she is to him most of the time.

4 comments:

JJ said...

The balloon cakes are incredible! What talent you have! I wish we could have been there. My kids ask about visiting you guys all the time. Tell Abbi we're glad she had a Happy Birthday. And we saw her thank you card to grandma and we "liked it very much!" P.S. Nice patio

azufelt said...

Yeah for birthday parties! I lvoe the more "simple" parties, like the balloons. My friend here did stars, and it was totally cute! So many fun things, instead of being limited to what gets printed with Disney princesses!

Jess and Travis... said...

That's so cute, you usually put a lot more effort in to things like that than I will ever be able to! Your kids must love it! The backyard looks great!

Emily P. said...

What a fun birthday! I always try to do stay-at-home parties. That's all we ever did as kids. I wish we could have come. I'm blown away by your back yard! Beautiful!!!