Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday

Last night John and I had the opportunity to attend the adult session of Stake Conference. It's an opportunity for all of the adults to hear wonderful messages and be enlightened. We were so privileged to have Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles speak to us. It was wonderful. We left the kids with a babysitter for the first time. I was actually really nervous. It's not that we have never left the kids, it's just always been with a family member. Always. We left Jake for a couple of hours with a babysitter once when he was about a year but that is seriously the only time. I was a little scared but the kids were super excited. Our babysitters were awesome, the conference session was extraordinary, and apparently the kids behaved beautifully. I am so glad John was off early enough and we were able to go.

Today we made it to church an hour and a half early to still not get a pew. The kids waited pretty patiently. We walked around and went to the bathroom. I met Elder Scott in the hallway...what a sweet, wonderful man he is. Then it was time to start. There were wonderful messages shared and the kids did very well for the two hour session. A had some issues at the very end but we all had an opportunity to hear the Apostle and enjoy some spiritual enlightenment.

It has been a truly wonderful weekend. The only thing that would make it better would be if John didn't work through most of it. Oh, and if he weren't sick! Now I just have to get ready for the coming week....Thanksgiving at our house and a little boy turns 5!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a wonderful Conference!
So glad you were able to go on a date with your husband to hear an Apostle!
Hopefully John feels better very soon!

Rachel Holloway said...

what a FANTASTIC weekend! I am so jealous! :) But I am also SO incredibly happy for you. I still remember seeing Pres. Monson at our stake conf when I was growing up--and it was such a special experience! :)